I feel incredibly grateful when I see comments on my blog, especially when it means I get to know other bloggers a bit better! I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by 3 lovely ladies – Mia, Pieternel and Charlotte. This award is all about getting to know other bloggers and it’s been great reading a little more about these ladies. Now it’s time to pay it forward!
Since I was given 3 sets of different questions, I’ve decided to combine them all below! I bloody love questionnaires.
1. When did you start your blog?
I started my blog one Christmas after being given some lovely pearl earrings by the boyfriend. I can’t lie, I wanted to show them off, so I naturally started a blog!
2. Why did you start blogging?
Just to show off the earrings. No, actually I really like taking photographs, visiting new restaurants and sights and I really wanted to document it somewhere. It’s a good break away from practicing medicine.
3. What is your favourite blog (over 2000 followers)?
Park & Cube – she has a great sense of humour and her photography is beyond this world!
4. What is your favourite blog (under 2000 followers)?
This was incredibly difficult to pick, but Take Courage is a beautifully edited blog – I can’t believe she has less than 2000 followers!
5. Who/what is your biggest inspiration?
6. What was the last photograph you took?
Last photo I took was silly selfie to send to the boyfriend!
7. Fave instagram at the moment?
thedogist – amazing collection of dogs daily!
8. What is your favourite fragrance?
I don’t really wear fragrance. So I only have one very old Boss Orange perfume which I quite like!
9. What is your favourite make up brand?
I think recently I’ve been depending more and more on high-end brands like Clinique and Estee Lauder. But my ultimate beauty product is YSL Touche Eclat – I couldn’t live without it!
10. Your favourite film?
Hmm. Hard one! This isn’t strictly a film, but I can quote the BBC Pride & Prejudice adaptation!
11. Do you prefer summer or winter?
12. Do you prefer pastels or brights for your nails?
Generally pastels, or even dark colours!
13. Do you have any piercings?
14. What is your favourite high street shop?
15. Favourite music artist?
Sooo so hard. Currently I’m listening to a lot of Alt-J, but the Smiths probably. And Spice Girls of course, ha!
16. Nicest country/city/destination you have ever visited?
17. If you could sum yourself in 3 words, what would you be?
Sweet-toothed affable doctor!
18. What is the saying you would like to live your life by?
The day before my final exams my mum gave me this quote from Winnie the Pooh – “Promise me you will always remember that you are braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
19. If you had to choose, what would be your favourite word?
Ooh not sure.. lots of medical words are quite fun! Let’s go for discombobulation.
20. If you could change one thing (about anything), what would it be?
I’d want everyone in the world to be a little bit less selfish.
21. What is the book which has had the most impact on your life?
High Fidelity by Nick Hornby.
22. What is your favourite kind of cake?
23. Are you an early riser or a night owl?
24. If you weren’t alive now, which era would you most like to be alive in?
25. What would be your perfect day?
Pancakes for breakfast, wandering around a National Trust site then karaoke in the evening!
26. What is your biggest dream?
It used to be to become a doctor, but now it’s just to be impossibly happy the rest of my life!
27. Do you prefer a red, nude or pink lip?
28. What’s your favourite way of removing makeup?
Water and cleanser!
29. Most important wardrobe staple?
Oh man, a good basic tee!
30. Best thing you ever bought?
My Nikon D3000.
I nominate just 5 people for the Liebster award – Georgie, Jane, Sharon, Lisa and Flick – feel free to answer the questions below!
1. What did you want to be when you were a kid?
2. If you were in a police movie, who would be your crime-fighting partner?
3. What are your favourite flowers?
4. What is your favourite catchphrase?
5. Pick a TV programme – Who Do You Think You Are?, Eastenders or Broadchurch?
6. Describe your perfect evening gown.
7. What are you better at, fibbing or breaking bad news?
8. You have to pick an outrageous outfit to wear for Halloween – what would it be?
9. Pick another blogger and tell us why you love them.
10. What’s your breakfast cereal?
11. Who’s your favourite TV chef?